- Illinois Governor Upset About Concealed Carry ApprovalPosted 17 hours ago
- Blood Found and Search Continues for Dayton Girl, 15Posted 23 hours ago
- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 2 days ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 2 days ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 2 days ago
Obituaries Friday December 21st–addition-Whitaker
Bessie Beulah Whitaker, age 75, formerly of Oakville and Wapello, died Wednesday morning, December 19, 2012, at the Prairie Ridge Care and Rehab in Mediapolis. The daughter of Charlie Henry and Ethel M. Hutton Whitaker, she was born on September 20, 1937 in Gravette, Arkansas.
Bessie graduated as Valedictorian from Oakville High School in 1955. She attended Kansas City Bible College for 3 years in Kansas City, Missouri. She had worked at Winegard in Burlington for 9 years.
She was a member of the Oakville Community Bible Church and enjoyed reading and writing.
Her family includes her mother, Ethel Whitaker of Oakville; two brothers, Perry Whitaker of Phelan, California and Charlie Whitaker of Urbandale; a sister, Edna Lane Tate of Climax Springs, Missouri; and nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her father, Charlie; and a sister, Esther Pridey.
The funeral service will be held at 10:30 AM on Saturday, December 22, 2012, at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home in Wapello with Pastors Jim Ruberg and Steve Parker officiating. Burial will follow at the Edwards Cemetery, rural Oakville. The family will gather and greet friends during the hour prior to the funeral. Also a lunch gathering will follow the committal at the Oakville Community Building at noon.
A Memorial Fund has been established for the benefit of the Edwards Cemetery Road Fund.