- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 19 hours ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 20 hours ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 21 hours ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 1 day ago
- Grocery Store on the Hill to ClosePosted 1 day ago
- One-Time Drug Court Administrator Accused of Making DrugsPosted 1 day ago
Obituaries Tuesday January 22nd
Name Barbara M. Hudgel Age 91 of Burlington
Died Saturday 1/19
Great River Medical Center
Son Dennis (Patricia) Hudgel
Son Douglas (Geraldine) Hudgel
4 Grandchildren 6 Great-Grandchildren
Friends may call Noon until 8 p.m. Tuesday, January 22nd, at Lunning Chapel
Funeral Services will be held at the 1st Congregational Church in Burlington
Burial in the Stronghurst Cemetery
James ‘Jim’ Biggerstaff, age 83, of Wapello, died Saturday evening, January 19, 2013, at the Wapello Nursing & Rehab Center. The son of Orin ‘Pete’ and Florence Warth Biggerstaff, he was born on July 12, 1929 in Burlington.
Jim was a farmhand for the Hayes family of Wapello. He enjoyed the farming activities and flower gardening.
He is survived by a brother, Kenneth Biggerstaff of Davenport and his caretakers, Milton and Carol Hayes of Wapello.
The funeral for Jim Biggerstaff will be held at 10:30 AM on Thursday, January 24, 2013, at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home in Wapello. Nathan Belzer will officiate. Visitation will be during the one hour prior to the funeral.
Friends may call on Wednesday from 4:00 to 7:00 PM at the Dudgeon-McCulley Funeral Home.
A Memorial Fund has been established for the benefit of the Wapello Fire Department and the Great River Hospice.