- Road Work Coming to the AreaPosted 3 hours ago
- Here Come the CropsPosted 3 hours ago
- Moore, Oklahoma Residents Dig for More VictimsPosted 8 hours ago
- N.Hill Neighbors Fill Council Chambers; Want Action on 12-PlexPosted 9 hours ago
- West Burlington Schools are ProficientPosted 19 hours ago
- Drug BustsPosted 1 day ago
AMES, Iowa (AP) — Roads remain icy and treacherous in many parts of Iowa, especially the northeast portion of the state.
The storm system that brought the ice left Sunday, leaving behind slick pavement.
The conditions forced several Iowa school district to either delay or cancel classes on Monday.
Districts reporting school cancellations included Allamakee (AL’-uh-muh-KEE’) and East Allamakee, Dubuque and Postville. Districts reporting delayed openings included Belle Plaine, Dunkerton, East Dubuque, Lisbon and South Tama (TA’-muh).
The National Weather Service also posted an advisory that warned of dense fog until noon in most of Iowa.