- Illinois Governor Upset About Concealed Carry ApprovalPosted 1 day ago
- Blood Found and Search Continues for Dayton Girl, 15Posted 1 day ago
- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 2 days ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 2 days ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 2 days ago
Three Busted, Fourth Sought in Fatal Brazilian Nightclub Fire
SANTA MARIA, Brazil (AP) — Brazilian police say they’ve made three arrests and are seeking a fourth person in connection with a nightclub fire that killed more than 230 people.
Inspector Ranolfo Vieira Junior said at a Monday press conference that the arrests are for investigative purposes. He says the detentions have five-day limits.
He declined to identify those arrested or the fourth person sought.
More than 230 people died early Sunday during the fire at a university party in southern Brazil. Police have said they think a band’s pyrotechnics show ignited sound insulation on the ceiling, causing the blaze.
The Zero Hora newspaper quotes lawyer Jader Marques as saying his client Elissandro Spohr, a co-owner of the club, was arrested. The paper also says two band members were arrested.
Funerals began Monday in the city of Santa Maria, Brazil, where the blaze took place