- Illinois Governor Upset About Concealed Carry ApprovalPosted 6 hours ago
- Blood Found and Search Continues for Dayton Girl, 15Posted 12 hours ago
- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 1 day ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 1 day ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 1 day ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 1 day ago
Latest Illinois News Headlines
CHICAGO (AP) — Former Governor Jim Thompson says George Ryan’s in “decent spirits” after being released from prison. Thompson accompanied the former Illinois governor on his trip from the federal lockup in Indiana to a Chicago halfway house. Thompson says Ryan was mostly quiet on the drive to Chicago and will have to adjust to being outside prison after five years in custody.
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (AP) — Sentencing’s been delayed until March for a Bloomington woman who was convicted of strangling her mother-in-law. In a letter to a judge, Misook Wang says her attorney didn’t provide effective counsel. A jury convicted her in December of killing 70-year-old Wenlan Tyda of Crest Hill.
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP) — Enrollment at Southern Illinois University’s flagship campus is down more than 7 percent this semester. Official spring enrollment at the Carbondale school is about 17,100 students, down from 18,400 last January.
CHICAGO (AP) — Executives at Chicago-based Boeing say the company’s top priority is fixing battery problems that have grounded its 787. The company made the pledge today while reporting fourth-quarter results. Boeing earned $978 million as its revenue rose 14 percent to $22.3 billion.