- UPDATE: Missing Girl’s Backpack FoundPosted 4 mins ago
- DMCo Supervisors Say No (Again) to Former Army Reserve CenterPosted 5 hours ago
- HenryCo Teens Accused of Mepo Vehicle BurglariesPosted 5 hours ago
- Suspected Kidnapper Kills Himself; 15-Year Old Still MissingPosted 5 hours ago
- Road Work Coming to the AreaPosted 23 hours ago
- Big River Resources Donates Rescue TubePosted 23 hours ago
DM Man Accused of Battling Fiance with Boiling Water
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A 22-year-old Des Moines man has been accused of tossing a pot of boiling water onto his fiancee while they were fighting.
Des Moines television station KCCI says Jeffrey Carlson was arrested Thursday night after officers responded to the home Carlson shared with the woman. She is the mother of his 9-month-old child.
Police Sgt. Jason Halifax says 22-year-old Alicia Atwood suffered burns on her back and on an arm and leg. Carlson told deputies that Atwood pulled the pot onto herself when she tripped and fell.
Carlson faces two assault charges and one of probation violation. He remained in Polk County Jail on Friday, pending $10,000 bail. Online court records don’t list the name of his attorney.
Atwood has been hospitalized.