- Illinois Governor Upset About Concealed Carry ApprovalPosted 15 hours ago
- Blood Found and Search Continues for Dayton Girl, 15Posted 21 hours ago
- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 2 days ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 2 days ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 2 days ago
“El Wingador” Busted for Selling Cocaine
WOODBURY, N.J. (AP) — A five-time wing-eating champion known as “El Wingador” has been indicted in New Jersey on cocaine distribution charges.
William Simmons is charged with four counts of possession of a controlled dangerous substance and one count of manufacturing or distribution of more than a half ounce of cocaine in June.
The South Jersey Times reports the 51-year-old Woodbury Heights resident is also charged with six counts of manufacturing or distribution of more than a half ounce and less than five ounces of the drug and two counts of manufacturing less than half an ounce.
“El Wingador” last won Philadelphia’s Wing Bowl in 2005 when he gnawed through 162 chicken wings. Wing Bowl was started as a way for Philadelphia sports fans to blow off steam before the Super Bowl.