- Illinois Governor Upset About Concealed Carry ApprovalPosted 1 day ago
- Blood Found and Search Continues for Dayton Girl, 15Posted 2 days ago
- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 2 days ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 2 days ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 3 days ago
Obituaries Friday February 1st
Marie Louise Little, 92, of Burlington, formerly of Winfield, died at 9:00 PM Wednesday, January 30, 2013, at the Blair House Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in Burlington.
Born January 23, 1921, in Clarinda, IA, she was the daughter of Harold Fred and Eva Ada Freeman Summers. On September 5, 1940, she married Wilbur Clifford Little in Burlington. He died September 25, 1984.
Marie had worked at Dr. Widmer’s office in Winfield, IA.
She was a 1939 graduate of Clarinda High School.
She enjoyed sewing, crocheting and will be remembered at the Blair House for the blankets and jewelry she made. She also enjoyed baking, plants, and flowers.
Survivors include two sons, Dale R. “Rick” (Kathy) Little of West Burlington, and Gale R. (Kathleen) Little of Ankeny, IA; four grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; one sister, Beverly Jean Barlow of Clarinda, IA; and several nieces and nephews.
Besides her husband, she was preceded in death by her parents and one brother, Robert Summers.
Cremation has been entrusted to Thielen Crematory.
A private family service will be held at a later date.
Thielen Funeral Home & Crematory is in care of the arrangements.
Condolences can be sent to the family by visiting Marie’s obituary at www.thielenfuneralhome.com.