- IA. Agriculture Secretary Visits 61 Chop House in MepoPosted 9 hours ago
- Donate Life Night this WeekendPosted 15 hours ago
- Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat MonthPosted 15 hours ago
- More Burlington Road ClosingsPosted 1 day ago
- Bill Northey Visits Mediapolis Tomorrow at 61 Chop HousePosted 1 day ago
- Ft. Madison SuicidePosted 2 days ago
Actor,Area Native Goodman Wants St.Louis Blues Museum
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Actor and St. Louis County native John Goodman is helping lead a push for a National Blues Museum in St. Louis.
The TV and movie star appears in a YouTube video posted Monday pushing for the museum that would sit in downtown St. Louis.
Goodman says in the video that the museum would be a fitting tribute to the city’s blues legacy and the musicians who got their start in St. Louis, including Ike and Tina Turner, Miles Davis and Chuck Berry.
Pinnacle Entertainment has donated $6 million toward the $13.5 million cost of the proposed museum.