- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 22 mins ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 1 hour ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 2 hours ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 5 hours ago
- Grocery Store on the Hill to ClosePosted 6 hours ago
- One-Time Drug Court Administrator Accused of Making DrugsPosted 6 hours ago
Mercy Med Center Copter Service to Resume
MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) — Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa has scheduled resumption of medical helicopter service following a fatal crash.
The service was suspended following the crash on Jan. 2. The helicopter had been headed to Emmetsburg, about 80 miles west of Mason City, to pick up a patient when it slammed into the ground just north of Ventura.
The crash killed flight nurse Shelly Lair-Langenbau, of Hanlontown; paramedic Russell Piehl, of Forest City; and pilot Gene Grell, a native of San Antonio.
Weather permitting, the service will return on Tuesday.