- Road Work Coming to the AreaPosted 6 hours ago
- Big River Resources Donates Rescue TubePosted 6 hours ago
- Here Come the CropsPosted 6 hours ago
- Moore, Oklahoma Residents Dig for More VictimsPosted 12 hours ago
- N.Hill Neighbors Fill Council Chambers; Want Action on 12-PlexPosted 12 hours ago
- West Burlington Schools are ProficientPosted 23 hours ago
Camp L-Kee-Ta Among Possible Girl Scout Camp Closings
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) — The board of directors for the Girls Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois has scheduled a vote on closing and selling all four camps in eastern Iowa.
The board vote is scheduled for March 28. The proposal affects Camp L-Kee-Ta in Des Moines County, Camp Conestoga in Scott County, Camp Little Cloud in Dubuque County, and Camp Tahigwa in Allamakee County.
A press release from the Girls Scouts group says the recommendation follows five years of research and increased camp marketing efforts.
The research showed none of the camps met the needs of the girls and that fewer than 10 percent of members used the camps.