- Grocery Store on the Hill to ClosePosted 2 hours ago
- One-Time Drug Court Administrator Accused of Making DrugsPosted 2 hours ago
- Harmony Bible Church Taking Donations for OklahomaPosted 20 hours ago
- Lee County Drug BustPosted 21 hours ago
- UPDATE: Missing Girl’s Backpack FoundPosted 22 hours ago
- DMCo Supervisors Say No (Again) to Former Army Reserve CenterPosted 1 day ago
President Prepares for State-of-the-Union Speech
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama goes before Congress and the nation tonight when he delivers his State of the Union address.
He’s expected to focus on the economy, reducing gun violence and revamping immigration.
Obama this evening will make a case for measures and proposals that he says will boost job creation and put the economy on a more upward trajectory. But in the audience will be many Americans invited to the witness the speech because of their experience with gun violence.
Republicans intend to cast Obama’s second-term agenda as more “big government” and offer a series of steps to boost economic growth and reduce the federal debt when Florida Sen. Marco Rubio gives the GOP response.