- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 18 hours ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 19 hours ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 20 hours ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 24 hours ago
- Grocery Store on the Hill to ClosePosted 24 hours ago
- One-Time Drug Court Administrator Accused of Making DrugsPosted 24 hours ago
Sex Offender is New S. Iowa Temp. Administrator
CENTERVILLE, Iowa (AP) — The city of Centerville has hired a convicted Iowa sex offender as temporary city administrator.
Thirty-seven-year-old Kevin Stocker, of Elkhart, was hired by the City Council earlier this month. Mayor Jim Senior said he’d known about Stocker’s past but didn’t share the information with the council before Stocker was hired.
Senior says he talked to Stocker about his situation and said Stocker is “a good man. He does a good job.”
The Iowa Sex Offender Registry says Stocker was convicted of enticing a minor in August 2006 in Black Hawk County. The girl was between the ages of 14 and 17. The judge gave him probation and a suspended prison sentence of two years.
Stocker’s contract runs through April 30, then month to month after that.