- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 49 mins ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 2 hours ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 2 hours ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 6 hours ago
- Grocery Store on the Hill to ClosePosted 6 hours ago
- One-Time Drug Court Administrator Accused of Making DrugsPosted 6 hours ago
U-S/E-U Free Trade Deal Could be Biggest Ever
BRUSSELS (AP) — The European Union and the United States have agreed to pursue talks for a trans-Atlantic free trade deal.
The 27-country EU says such an agreement would be the biggest bilateral trade deal ever negotiated and hoped it could add 0.5 percent to the EU’s economic output.
EU Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht says initial talks could start by summer.
EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso says, “It will not be easy.” But he says the result would be “win-win” situation.