- More Burlington Road ClosingsPosted 7 hours ago
- Bill Northey Visits Mediapolis Tomorrow at 61 Chop HousePosted 7 hours ago
- Ft. Madison SuicidePosted 9 hours ago
- Worlds Fastest Omelet Maker Coming to IA. State FairPosted 10 hours ago
- IL. Counties are OK with Concealed CarryPosted 11 hours ago
- Davenport Man Dead After Fight at Baseball ParkPosted 11 hours ago
American Airlines/US Airways Merger: $11-Billion
DALLAS (AP) — The number of major U.S. airlines is shrinking to four with the merger of American Airlines and US Airways.
The two carriers announced the deal this morning, putting value of the merger at $11 billion.
The combined carrier will be called American Airlines and will rank as the world’s biggest airline. The deal still needs approval by American’s bankruptcy judge and antitrust regulators.