- More Burlington Road ClosingsPosted 13 hours ago
- Bill Northey Visits Mediapolis Tomorrow at 61 Chop HousePosted 14 hours ago
- Ft. Madison SuicidePosted 16 hours ago
- Worlds Fastest Omelet Maker Coming to IA. State FairPosted 17 hours ago
- IL. Counties are OK with Concealed CarryPosted 18 hours ago
- Davenport Man Dead After Fight at Baseball ParkPosted 18 hours ago
Conditions “Extremely Terrible” Today on Carnival Ship
MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — A passenger on the disabled Carnival Triumph cruise ships says conditions are “extremely terrible.”
Speaking by phone Thursday to NBC’s “Today” show, Jamie Baker said there has been no electricity and few working toilets. She compared life on the ship to being in a hurricane evacuation.
Baker says one night, she and her friends slept with their life vests because the ship was listing and they feared it would tip over.
Baker echoed other accounts in which passengers have to use plastic bags to go to the bathroom and wait in line for hours for food. Baker said she once saw a woman pass out while in line.
The cruise ship lost power after an engine fire and is being towed to Mobile, Ala., where it’s expected to arrive Thursday afternoon.