- Man Who Beat and Robbed Burlington Resident is Found GuiltyPosted 1 day ago
- Midwest Gas Prices SpikePosted 1 day ago
- Armed Forces Night at Community Field TomorrowPosted 1 day ago
- Tis the Season of Graduation at SCCPosted 2 days ago
- West Burlington will be watching…Posted 2 days ago
- Click it or Ticket this WeekendPosted 2 days ago
Police: Man arrested at NJ airport with loaded gun
Officials say a Pennsylvania man was arrested at Newark Liberty International Airport after screeners noticed a loaded gun in his carry-on bag.
The Star-Ledger of Newark (http://bit.ly/VYP1I9) reports that 59-year-old Robert Kellerman of Long Pond was taken into custody just after 6 a.m. Sunday by Port Authority police. They were notified after Transportation Security Administration screeners saw the .22-caliber handgun at a checkpoint inside Terminal C.
Kellerman was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon. Officials say Kellerman told police he forgot the gun was inside the bag.
A telephone number for Kellerman could not be located Sunday afternoon.
Airline passengers are permitted to travel with firearms only in checked baggage. They must be stored properly and unloaded.
Via: Fox News