- Drug BustsPosted 7 hours ago
- Twisters Hit Breadbasket; Could be More TodayPosted 10 hours ago
- Sabbath Day of Contrasting Emotions in BurlingtonPosted 10 hours ago
- UPDATE: Man Shot in Head Saturday Night in BurlingtonPosted 10 hours ago
- Community Basket WinnerPosted 1 day ago
- Man Who Beat and Robbed Burlington Resident is Found GuiltyPosted 3 days ago
Police reportedly arrest man with loaded gun at New Jersey airport
Officials say a Pennsylvania man was arrested at Newark Liberty International Airport after screeners noticed a loaded gun in his carry-on bag.
The Star-Ledger of Newark reports that 59-year-old Robert Kellerman of Long Pond was taken into custody just after 6 a.m. Sunday by Port Authority police. They were notified after Transportation Security Administration screeners saw the .22-caliber handgun at a checkpoint inside Terminal C.
Kellerman was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon. Officials say Kellerman told police he forgot the gun was inside the bag.
A telephone number for Kellerman could not be located Sunday afternoon.
Airline passengers are permitted to travel with firearms only in checked baggage. They must be stored properly and unloaded.
Via: Fox News