- Donate Life Night this WeekendPosted 2 hours ago
- Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat MonthPosted 2 hours ago
- More Burlington Road ClosingsPosted 21 hours ago
- Bill Northey Visits Mediapolis Tomorrow at 61 Chop HousePosted 21 hours ago
- Ft. Madison SuicidePosted 23 hours ago
- Worlds Fastest Omelet Maker Coming to IA. State FairPosted 1 day ago
Peterson hearing ends with no ruling on new trial
A hearing for Drew Peterson has ended without a ruling on the former suburban Chicago police officer’s request for a new trial.
A judge recessed Tuesday after the defense sought to bolster arguments Peterson deserved a retrial on charges he murdered his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Peterson’s attorneys contend his former lead trial attorney, Joel Brodsky, botched his case.
Among witnesses they called was Brodsky. Current Peterson’s attorney Steve Greenberg questioned him.
Compared to their heated public comments recently, the back and forth between Brodsky and Greenberg in court was reserved.
As he left court Tuesday, reporters asked prosecutor James Glasgow what he thought of one former trial colleague, Brodsky, being questioned by another, Greenberg. He responded that he’d never seen anything like it.
The hearing resumes Wednesday.
Via: Fox News