- Twisters Hit Breadbasket; Could be More TodayPosted 1 hour ago
- Community Basket WinnerPosted 18 hours ago
- Man Who Beat and Robbed Burlington Resident is Found GuiltyPosted 3 days ago
- Midwest Gas Prices SpikePosted 3 days ago
- Armed Forces Night at Community Field TomorrowPosted 3 days ago
- Tis the Season of Graduation at SCCPosted 4 days ago
15-year-old shot to death over shoes, police say
Police say a 15-year-old Maryland boy was killed during an attempted robbery over a pair of shoes.
MyFoxDC.com reports that Charles Walker Jr. of Hillcrest Heights was found suffering from a gunshot wound just two blocks from his home Monday afternoon.
He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
The victim’s aunt, Laurice Massey, tells WRC-TV that the teen was heading to a bus stop when he was attacked.
A source close to the investigation tells MyFoxDC.com that Walker was shot once in the back when he refused to hand over a bag that reportedly contained a pair of shoes.
Relatives tell the station that the bag, which was left at the scene after the shooting, contained a pair of Timberland boots Walker was planning to give to his girlfriend.
The Prince George’s County school system released a statement calling the death “senseless.”
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Via: Fox News