- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 13 hours ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 14 hours ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 15 hours ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 19 hours ago
- Grocery Store on the Hill to ClosePosted 19 hours ago
- One-Time Drug Court Administrator Accused of Making DrugsPosted 19 hours ago
Duke lacrosse players' accuser makes bond on charge for boyfriend's murder
The woman who falsely accused three Duke University lacrosse players of raping her has been released on bond to await trial for her boyfriend’s murder.
Crystal Mangum was released Wednesday from the Durham County jail, where she had been held since her April 2011 arrest for the fatal stabbing of Reginald Daye.
The 34-year-old mother is representing herself in court, saying she killed Daye in self-defense. It wasn’t immediately clear who posted her $200,000 bond.
In 2006, Mangum claimed Duke lacrosse players gang raped her at a team party where she was hired as a stripper.
The three arrested were eventually declared innocent by North Carolina’s attorney general after Mangum’s story crumbled and her mental stability was called into question. The Durham prosecutor who championed her case was later disbarred.
Via: Fox News