- West Burlington Schools are ProficientPosted 7 hours ago
- Drug BustsPosted 16 hours ago
- Twisters Hit Breadbasket; Could be More TodayPosted 20 hours ago
- Sabbath Day of Contrasting Emotions in BurlingtonPosted 20 hours ago
- UPDATE: Man Shot in Head Saturday Night in BurlingtonPosted 20 hours ago
- Community Basket WinnerPosted 2 days ago
Mother Nature Working Fast in Missouri
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Snow is falling fast and furious across parts of Missouri.
Across wide sections of northwest Missouri, whiteout conditions dropped visibility to a point that made driving too risky. The winds and heavy snow — falling as much as 2 inches per hour — removed buildings from view.
In Kansas City, the skyline disappeared behind a veil of snow. Flakes were falling so fast that plows trying to cross the city simply couldn’t keep up.
Kansas City was expected to get up to a foot of snow before the storm exits the region later Thursday. Areas north of the city could see more than a foot.