- IA. Agriculture Secretary Visits 61 Chop House in MepoPosted 14 hours ago
- Donate Life Night this WeekendPosted 20 hours ago
- Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat MonthPosted 20 hours ago
- More Burlington Road ClosingsPosted 2 days ago
- Bill Northey Visits Mediapolis Tomorrow at 61 Chop HousePosted 2 days ago
- Ft. Madison SuicidePosted 2 days ago
Drew Peterson Gets 38 Years in Death of Wife #3
JOLIET, Ill. (AP) — A judge has sentenced Drew Peterson to 38 years in prison for murdering his third wife.
Will County Judge Edward Burmila imposed the sentence yesterday. The 59-year-old Peterson faced a maximum 60-year prison term.
Jurors convicted Peterson in September in the 2004 death of Kathleen Savio. Neighbors found her body in a dry bathtub at her home with a gash on her head.
Peterson is also a suspect in the 2007 disappearance of his 23-year-old fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, but hasn’t been charged. Her disappearance is what led authorities to take another look at Savio’s death and reclassify it from an accident to a homicide.
As Burmila was preparing to sentence him, Peterson shouted “I did not kill Kathleen!”