- Road Work Coming to the AreaPosted 11 hours ago
- Big River Resources Donates Rescue TubePosted 11 hours ago
- Here Come the CropsPosted 12 hours ago
- Moore, Oklahoma Residents Dig for More VictimsPosted 17 hours ago
- N.Hill Neighbors Fill Council Chambers; Want Action on 12-PlexPosted 18 hours ago
- West Burlington Schools are ProficientPosted 1 day ago
Former Galesburg Theater Director Accused of Molestation
GALESBURG, Ill. (AP) — The former director of the Orpheum Theatre in Galesburg has been charged with sexually abusing a 16-year-old boy who was seeking a role in a theater production.
Joshua Damewood of Monmouth is accused of pressuring the boy into performing a sex act on the theater’s stage last October.
He is charged with two counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse. Other than confirming he understood the charges, Damewood made no statements in court Tuesday.
He is scheduled to respond to the charges at his arraignment on March 14. He is free on $15,000 bond.
Damewood was named director of the Orpheum in August.
There was no answer Wednesday at a phone listing for Damewood.