- Illinois Governor Upset About Concealed Carry ApprovalPosted 5 hours ago
- Blood Found and Search Continues for Dayton Girl, 15Posted 10 hours ago
- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 1 day ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 1 day ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 1 day ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 1 day ago
Boy, 7, suspended for shaping pastry into gun, dad says
A 7-year-old Maryland boy was suspended from school for two days for shaping a breakfast pastry into what his teacher thought looked like a gun, according to his father.
FoxBaltimore.com reports thatJosh Welch, a second-grader at Park Elementary School in Baltimore, was eating a strawberry tart when he decided to shape it into a mountain.
“All I was trying to do was turn it into a mountain but, it didn’t look like a mountain really and it turned out to be a gun [kind of],” Josh told the station.
Josh, who suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, said his teacher was visibly mad when she saw that the pastry looked like a gun, according to the report.
The boy’s dad, who was not identified in the report, was later notified that Josh had been suspended for two days for fashioning the pastry into a gun.
A letter was sent home with students explaining that “a student used food to make an inappropriate gesture,” the station reported.
Via: Fox News