- Community Basket WinnerPosted 14 hours ago
- Man Who Beat and Robbed Burlington Resident is Found GuiltyPosted 3 days ago
- Midwest Gas Prices SpikePosted 3 days ago
- Armed Forces Night at Community Field TomorrowPosted 3 days ago
- Tis the Season of Graduation at SCCPosted 3 days ago
- West Burlington will be watching…Posted 4 days ago
4 killed in Tennessee house fire, including neighbor who made rescue attempt
A house fire in Macon County killed four people Sunday night, including a neighbor who tried to rescue the other victims.
Sheriff’s dispatcher Tammy Sullivan in Lafayette said Monday morning that authorities were at the scene of the fatal fire late into the night and no identities had been released yet.
WSMV-TV reported the people who lived in the home on Cave Hollow Road were an elderly couple and the wife’s sister.
The station said a 55-year-old man who lived nearby got into the burning home, trying to rescue the residents, but died in the attempt.
Authorities said the rescuer got the couple to the front door and went back looking for the wife’s sister, but did not get out. Arriving firefighters were able to pull the couple from the burning home, but they did not survive.
The home was reduced to smoldering rubble, which was still smoking as dawn broke Monday. Fire investigators were to begin searching the ruins after daylight.
Via: Fox News