- More Burlington Road ClosingsPosted 13 hours ago
- Bill Northey Visits Mediapolis Tomorrow at 61 Chop HousePosted 13 hours ago
- Ft. Madison SuicidePosted 16 hours ago
- Worlds Fastest Omelet Maker Coming to IA. State FairPosted 17 hours ago
- IL. Counties are OK with Concealed CarryPosted 17 hours ago
- Davenport Man Dead After Fight at Baseball ParkPosted 18 hours ago
Another Eastern Iowa Casino? Voters in LinnCo Decide
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) — Linn County voters will head to the polls on Tuesday to decide whether or not they want to allow a casino to be built.
KWWL TV reports campaigns on both sides spent this weekend trying to gather up last-minute support.
Marcia Rogers, the Vote Yes spokeswoman says her group is working to show voters the economic benefits and the fun of gambling.
Just Say No spokesman Todd Henderson says if the casino vote fails the operator of nearby Riverside Casino says he’ll build the community a water park, which Henderson says is a much more family friendly option than a gambling facility.
Linn County Auditor Joel Miller says almost 11 percent of registered voters have already cast their ballots.