- Community Basket WinnerPosted 3 hours ago
- Man Who Beat and Robbed Burlington Resident is Found GuiltyPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Prices SpikePosted 2 days ago
- Armed Forces Night at Community Field TomorrowPosted 2 days ago
- Tis the Season of Graduation at SCCPosted 3 days ago
- West Burlington will be watching…Posted 3 days ago
Burlington City Council Budget Hearing Tonight
TONITE’S(MON) THE NITE.
RIGHT AFTER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA, THE BURLINGTON CITY COUNCIL WILL HOLD PUBLIC HEARINGS ON THE PROPOSED BUDGET AND THE PROPOSED ISSUANCE OF UP TO 2.6-MILLION DOLLARS IN GENERAL OBLIGATION, CORPORATE PURPOSE BONDS, MUCH OF WHICH WOULD BE USED TO REFINANCE THE DEBT ON THE CITY’S PUBLIC WORKS BUILDING. AFTER THE HEARINGS, THE COUNCIL WILL BE ASKED TO APPROVE THE BUDGET AND THE BONDS.
TONITE’S MEETING IS AT 6:30 ON THE THIRD FLOOR OF CITY HALL.