- Harmony Bible Church Taking Donations for OklahomaPosted 5 hours ago
- Lee County Drug BustPosted 6 hours ago
- UPDATE: Missing Girl’s Backpack FoundPosted 7 hours ago
- DMCo Supervisors Say No (Again) to Former Army Reserve CenterPosted 12 hours ago
- HenryCo Teens Accused of Mepo Vehicle BurglariesPosted 12 hours ago
- Suspected Kidnapper Kills Himself; 15-Year Old Still MissingPosted 12 hours ago
Rhode Island police officer injured in DUI crash
State police say a Providence man was driving under the influence when he caused a crash that injured a Lincoln police officer and another driver.
Troopers say the police officer was parked behind a disabled vehicle on the northbound side of Route 146 early Sunday morning when a car smashed into his cruiser. The cruiser was pushed into the disabled vehicle.
The drivers of all three cars were injured and brought to Rhode Island Hospital. Authorities say their injuries are not life-threatening.
State police say they plan to charge 41-year-old Vincent Moranto with driving under the influence, illegal possession of hydrocodone and driving to endanger when he is released from the hospital.
It’s not clear if Moranto has a lawyer.
Via: Fox News