- West Burlington Schools are ProficientPosted 6 hours ago
- Drug BustsPosted 15 hours ago
- Twisters Hit Breadbasket; Could be More TodayPosted 18 hours ago
- Sabbath Day of Contrasting Emotions in BurlingtonPosted 19 hours ago
- UPDATE: Man Shot in Head Saturday Night in BurlingtonPosted 19 hours ago
- Community Basket WinnerPosted 1 day ago
First Mexican extradited to US under new president
U.S. authorities say a man accused of drug trafficking has been extradited from Mexico to face charges in San Diego that he oversaw efforts to bring methamphetamine into the United States.
U.S. Attorney Laura Duffy says Cesar Alfredo Meza Garcia on Thursday became the first person to be extradited under Mexico’s new president, Enrique Pena Nieto.
U.S. authorities say the 36-year-old was a leading figure in Mexico’s Tijuana cartel until he was arrested nearly six months ago in the Mexican border city.
Meza Garcia is the top target arrested in a nearly two-year investigation that resulted in seizures of more than 200 pounds of methamphetamine and 100 pounds of cocaine. The drugs were hidden in cars and trucks and strapped to bodies at San Diego border crossings.
Via: Fox News