- Community Basket WinnerPosted 7 hours ago
- Man Who Beat and Robbed Burlington Resident is Found GuiltyPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Prices SpikePosted 3 days ago
- Armed Forces Night at Community Field TomorrowPosted 3 days ago
- Tis the Season of Graduation at SCCPosted 3 days ago
- West Burlington will be watching…Posted 3 days ago
Mental exam of NY nanny in murder case pending
A hearing in the case of a New York nanny charged with killing two children has been adjourned because her psychiatric evaluations are not complete.
Yoselyn Ortega appeared in court Friday for the first time since the childrens’ stabbing deaths. Her case was adjourned until April 5 after her lawyer said her psychiatric evaluations were incomplete.
Ortega was hospitalized with stab wounds police said were self-inflicted after the Oct. 25 killings. She was arraigned at the hospital in November. She appeared in court Friday wearing glasses and her hair in braids.
Authorities say Ortega stabbed 6-year-old Lucia Krim and her 2-year-old brother, Leo, while the children’s mother was out with a third child.
Ortega and the two children were found in the bathroom of the Upper West Side apartment.
Via: Fox News