- Man Who Beat and Robbed Burlington Resident is Found GuiltyPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Prices SpikePosted 2 days ago
- Armed Forces Night at Community Field TomorrowPosted 2 days ago
- Tis the Season of Graduation at SCCPosted 2 days ago
- West Burlington will be watching…Posted 3 days ago
- Click it or Ticket this WeekendPosted 3 days ago
Murdered Mississippi mayoral candidate remembered as leader
Friends and relatives are remembering a slain Mississippi mayoral candidate as a humble leader who wanted to serve his community.
Hundreds of people gathered at the Coahoma County College for Marco McMillian’s funeral. The Clarksdale mayoral candidate was killed in late February. Authorities have charged 22-year-old Lawrence Reed in McMillian’s death. Few details have been released.
The Commercial Appeal in Memphis, Tenn., reports that more than 100 members of his Phi Beta Sigma fraternity attended.
Georgia congressman John Lewis praised McMillian as a young man who was willing to give up the prime of his life to serve his community.
Carter D. Womack, McMillian’s godfather, says the family is still hoping for justice — and more information about what happened to the 33-year-old man.
Via: Fox News