- Man Who Beat and Robbed Burlington Resident is Found GuiltyPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Prices SpikePosted 2 days ago
- Armed Forces Night at Community Field TomorrowPosted 2 days ago
- Tis the Season of Graduation at SCCPosted 2 days ago
- West Burlington will be watching…Posted 3 days ago
- Click it or Ticket this WeekendPosted 3 days ago
Social workers visited home before hatchet killing
Child welfare workers investigated reports of violence and drug use at the Sacramento home where authorities say a 9-year-old boy was allegedly killed by his father with a hatchet weeks later.
The Sacramento Bee reported Thursday (http://bit.ly/XLZjub ) that representatives from the Sacramento County Child Protective Services office confirmed drug use at Matthew Hernandez’ home during a Feb. 4 visit.
Social workers recommended the siblings not be left alone with their adult caregiver. But they concluded the behavior did not warrant removing the boy and his brother.
Matthew’s father, Phillip Hernandez, is charged with murder in the boy’s Feb. 26 slaying.
The records reviewed by The Bee did not make clear whether the caregiver mentioned was the father. The county agency says it’s working with law enforcement in the investigation.
Information from: The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com
Via: Fox News