- Illinois Governor Upset About Concealed Carry ApprovalPosted 16 hours ago
- Blood Found and Search Continues for Dayton Girl, 15Posted 22 hours ago
- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 2 days ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 2 days ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 2 days ago
Air Force trainer convicted of raping ex-trainee
An Air Force trainer at a San Antonio base has been found guilty at court-martial of raping a former trainee.
The San Antonio Express-News reports the trial of Staff Sgt. Eddy Soto at Lackland Air Force Base segued directly into the sentencing phase Saturday. He could get up to life imprisonment without parole.
Soto previously pleaded guilty to five counts, including having sex with a female trainee and the wife of a male trainee. Prosecutors also alleged he raped a woman who had flown from California to San Antonio to visit him on the condition of no sex.
In all, 32 Lackland instructors have been investigated, with six convicted of misconduct. Investigators say more than 40 women had inappropriate contact with instructors, were sexually harassed or raped.
Via: Fox News