- Man Who Beat and Robbed Burlington Resident is Found GuiltyPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Prices SpikePosted 2 days ago
- Armed Forces Night at Community Field TomorrowPosted 2 days ago
- Tis the Season of Graduation at SCCPosted 2 days ago
- West Burlington will be watching…Posted 3 days ago
- Click it or Ticket this WeekendPosted 3 days ago
Authorities: Burglar tracked by pickax bar code
Authorities in Louisiana say they tracked a man accused of stealing drugs from a pharmacy because he left behind a pickax he used to break in — and forgot to remove the price tag.
Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Col. John Fortunato says the sticker included a bar code indicating when and where the pickax was bought. The store had video of the purchase.
Fortunato tells The Times-Picayune (http://bit.ly/ZBcFaW ) that a store near the pharmacy had surveillance video from the night of the burglary, showing the same man and a vehicle license plate.
Fortunato says drugs from the pharmacy were found during a search of 43-year-old Scott Rodrigue’s home.
Rodrigue was booked with pharmacy burglary and drug possession and freed on $70,000 bond. He does not have a listed phone number and could not be reached.
Via: Fox News