- More Burlington Road ClosingsPosted 7 hours ago
- Bill Northey Visits Mediapolis Tomorrow at 61 Chop HousePosted 7 hours ago
- Ft. Madison SuicidePosted 10 hours ago
- Worlds Fastest Omelet Maker Coming to IA. State FairPosted 11 hours ago
- IL. Counties are OK with Concealed CarryPosted 12 hours ago
- Davenport Man Dead After Fight at Baseball ParkPosted 12 hours ago
56 Dead, More than 200 Wounded in Baghdad Explosions
BAGHDAD (AP) — At least 56 people are dead after several blasts tore through Baghdad today.
Officials say the explosions targeted mainly Shiite areas and wounded more than 200.
Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion.
One of the deadliest of the attacks hit near a main gate to the heavily-fortified Green Zone, which houses major government offices and the embassies of several countries, including the United States and Britain.