- Illinois Governor Upset About Concealed Carry ApprovalPosted 1 day ago
- Blood Found and Search Continues for Dayton Girl, 15Posted 1 day ago
- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 2 days ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 2 days ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 2 days ago
President Obama Heads to Jordan after Visits to Israeli Sites
JERUSALEM (AP) — It’s been a day of visits to symbolic sites for President Barack Obama during his trip to Israel.
Before leaving for Jordan, he took his motorcade to Bethlehem in the West Bank to visit the Church of the Nativity.
He also toured Israel’s Holocaust memorial, saying it serves as a reminder of the “righteous among the nations who refused to be bystanders.”
Obama said, “The state of Israel does not exist because of the Holocaust, but with the survival of a strong Jewish state of Israel, such a holocaust will never happen again.”