- Road Work Coming to the AreaPosted 9 hours ago
- Big River Resources Donates Rescue TubePosted 9 hours ago
- Here Come the CropsPosted 10 hours ago
- Moore, Oklahoma Residents Dig for More VictimsPosted 15 hours ago
- N.Hill Neighbors Fill Council Chambers; Want Action on 12-PlexPosted 16 hours ago
- West Burlington Schools are ProficientPosted 1 day ago
Two “Young Guns” Kill Infant, Shoot Mother, in Georgia
BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — Police in a coastal Georgia town are going door-to-door, searching for two young suspects after a gunman opened fire on an infant, killing him.
Brunswick police say the shooting happened early Thursday, as the 13-month-old boy’s mother was pushing his stroller.
The suspects are thought to be between 10 and 15 years old.
In a tearful TV interview with WAWS-TV of Jacksonville, Sherry West said she tried to shield her baby with her arms, but the gunman shoved her and shot the child in the head. She’s recovering from a gunshot wound to her leg.
The Brunswick News reports that police are offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case.