- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 21 hours ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 22 hours ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 22 hours ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 1 day ago
- Grocery Store on the Hill to ClosePosted 1 day ago
- One-Time Drug Court Administrator Accused of Making DrugsPosted 1 day ago
Tornado in Bangladesh leaves 20 dead, 200 injured
A tornado that ripped through 20 villages in eastern Bangladesh has killed 20 people and injured 200, a government official said Saturday.
Initial reports said at least 10 people were killed and a newspaper put the toll for the injured at 500 in the storm that lashed the distant villages in Brahmanbaria district on Friday.
On Saturday, local chief government administrator Noor Mohammad Majumder said the death toll had climbed to 20 people, with another 200 injured in the powerful storm.
The local Prothom Alo newspaper reported that the 15-minute storm destroyed many homes and shops, and toppled a large number of trees and electricity poles.
Via: Fox News