- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 2 hours ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 3 hours ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 3 hours ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 7 hours ago
- Grocery Store on the Hill to ClosePosted 7 hours ago
- One-Time Drug Court Administrator Accused of Making DrugsPosted 7 hours ago
Obituaries April 11th
Linda Kramer, 67, of Philip, South Dakota, and formerly Burlington, died Saturday, April 6, 2013 in Tucson, Arizona. Services are pending at Elliott Chapel, New London.
Marjorie “Margie” Maxine Grelk, 52, of Fort Madison, died at 9:42 AM Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at the Great River Medical Center in West Burlington.
Born August 3, 1960, in Toledo, OH, she was the daughter of Deloras Benedict Page. In 1976, she married Paul Grelk in Kahoka, MO.
Margie loved children and demonstrated her love with the many years of child care she did in her home.
She was a Keokuk High School graduate.
She was a member of T.O.P.S. of Keokuk, which she attended every Tuesday with her mother. She enjoyed collecting Disney snow globes, cooking, doing crafts with her mother, and keeping her son-in-law, Mike in line.
Survivors include one daughter, Becca (Mike) Edwards of Yutan, NE; her mother, Deloras Page of Keokuk, IA; five sisters, Barb (John) Rueter of Center, MO, Pam (Richard) Cole of Newton, IA, Vickie Ray of St. Petersburg, FL, Louise (Bill) Coon of Tucson, AZ, and Renee Page of Keokuk, IA; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by one sister, Teresa Page and one brother, Lee Page.
Cremation has been entrusted to Thielen Crematory.
The memorial service for Mrs. Grelk will be 11:00 AM Saturday, April 13, 2013, at First Baptist Church of Fort Madison with Reverend Dean Graber officiating.
A memorial has been established.
Thielen Funeral Home & Crematory is in care of the arrangements.
Condolences can be sent to the family by visiting Margie’s obituary at www.thielenfuneralhome.com.