Candle Blamed for S. Side Burlington Fire

A CANDLE LEFT BURNING IN A BEDROOM IS THE LIKELY CAUSE OF A HOUSE FIRE LAST(TUE) NITE ON BURLINGTON’S SOUTH SIDE.

 

 

THE OWNER AND ONLY OCCUPANT OF THE HOME AT 641 SOUTH GUNNISON…ANTHONY HAND…GOT OUT SAFELY…BUT FIRE MARSHAL MARK CROOKS SAYS THE ONE-STORY WOOD-FRAME WAS NOT INSURED…AND DAMAGE HAS BEEN ESTIMATED AT 30-THOUSAND DOLLARS TO THE HOUSE AND 15-THOUSAND MORE TO THE CONTENTS.

 

16 BURLINGTON AND WEST BURLINGTON FIREFIGHTERS GOT THE CALL JUST AFTER 8:45 LAST(TUE) NITE AND KNOCKED DOWN THE FLAMES IN ABOUT 45 MINUTES; THEY REMAINED ON THE SCENE TIL A FEW MINUTES AFTER 11.

Comments are closed.