The investigation of the fire that completely engulfed a home at 5136 Summer Street in Burlington Dec. 26th, has been closed.
Officials report that the most likely cause of the blaze was due to an electrical overload.
The fire, which was reported by a passerby, took the work of 9 Burlington firefighters, and 5 off-duty firefighters to extinguish. Wever, Denmark, and West Burlington Fire Departments were also called to assist.
The home is owned by Mary McMillan, who was living there alone with her dogs. She and her pets were not home at the time of the fire, and there were no injuries.
Damage to the house is estimated at $50,000, and $45,000 to contents.