Natural Gas Smell from Former Hub Town House


The situation could have been much worse.



Burlington firefighters and an Alliant Energy crew were called to the former Hub Town House (at 112 North Main) shortly before 9 o’clock this morning, when a passerby reported smelling natural gas in the area.

An investigation revealed that someone who bought appliances at last Saturday’s public auction were supposed to cap the energy source, but didn’t. Emergency responders spent about an-hour-and-10-minutes on the scene.

No one was hurt.

About the Author

Savanna Evans
KBUR News Reporter