Smoke Scare at St. Johns

The fire was minimal, less than $100 damage, but 10 Burlington firefighters spent about 40 minutes clearing smoke from St John’s Church on Division yesterday morning.

Apparently, as the priest was preparing for morning mass, he lit charcoal for the censer used for incense and it’s believed that one or more of the embers from the charcoal fell into a plastic trash can, that had paper and other flammable material in it.

Damage was limited to the trash can and a small area of carpet.

No one was hurt.

Comments are closed.