- Illinois Governor Upset About Concealed Carry ApprovalPosted 23 hours ago
- Blood Found and Search Continues for Dayton Girl, 15Posted 1 day ago
- Kidnapped Victim SpeaksPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATE: More Arrests Made Related to Car BurglariesPosted 2 days ago
- Deceased Army Ammunition Plant Workers RememberedPosted 2 days ago
- Henderson, McDonough Qualify for Federal Disaster Aid; Warren County Does NotPosted 2 days ago
Events Saturday March 9th
Date(s) - 03/09/2013
Category(ies) No Categories
Boy Scout Troop 61 Trivia Night is 4 p.m. at Faith Bible Church, Oghawka, Ill. Individuals are welcome to join in. There will be a bake sale and food available. To learn more, call (319) 572-4865.
Chili Cook-off is 5 to 7:80 p.m. in the SS, Peter and Paul gym; 1115 Young St., Nauvoo, Ill. Sampling is available for$5 for adults and $3 for children. To compete, call the school at (217) 453-2511.
Janior Achievement Bowl-AThon helping support JA programs in the area is 9 a.m. to noon, l to 4 p.m. and 5 to 8 p.m. at KingPins in FunCity, 3001 Winegard Drive. To learn more or receive a team packet, call Leslie Corlett at (309) 277-3919.
Keck Players Country Cavalcade is 7 p.m. at Louisa County Historical Society’s Louisa Stage, 609 N. James L. Hodges Ave., Wapello,-presenting a review of country music through the years. Admission is $7.50.
‘ Nauvoa, Ill., United Methodist Church, 1610 Ripley St., annual Turkey Pot Pie Dinner is 4:30 to 7 p.m; in Friendship Hall. Carry-outs will be available. Cost is a freewill donation.
Relay for Life team, Roundup a Cure, fundraiser breakfast serving pancakes and sausage for a freewill donation is 6 a.m. to noon at Manning Hall, 607 S. Jackson St., Mount Pleasant. There will be a bake sale.
Salem Fire and Rescue Soup Supper is 5 to 7 p.m. at the Salem Community Building. An auction will follow. Proceeds cover EMT classes for six people and medical supplies.
“The Toy,“ presented by Lights, Camera, Action, is 2 p.m. at the former middle school, 1801 Avenue G, Fort Madison, using the Avenue F entrance. Admission is by donation.