- Road Work Coming to the AreaPosted 16 hours ago
- Big River Resources Donates Rescue TubePosted 16 hours ago
- Here Come the CropsPosted 17 hours ago
- Moore, Oklahoma Residents Dig for More VictimsPosted 22 hours ago
- N.Hill Neighbors Fill Council Chambers; Want Action on 12-PlexPosted 22 hours ago
- West Burlington Schools are ProficientPosted 1 day ago
Introduction to Birding Basics For Youngsters at Starr’s Cave
Date(s) - 03/26/2013
Category(ies) No Categories
On Tuesday March 26, youngsters are invited to Starr’s Cave Park and Preserve for an introduction to birding basics. Youngsters will have an opportunity to learn about local birds, bird habitats, and bird identification. This three-hour interactive program is geared toward 5-6 year olds.
Beginning at 9:00 a.m., participants will meet at Starr’s Cave Nature Center. Des Moines County Conservation Naturalist Katherine Brakeville will lead the program which will include a class and craft about birding and bird identification. This class will also include a Naturalist led bird hike through Starr’s Cave Park and Preserve.
This Program at Starr’s Cave Park and Preserve runs from 9:00 a.m. to Noon. on Tuesday March 26, and is for children between the ages of 5-6. Please dress appropriately; the majority of this program will take place outside. Register by calling (319) 753-5808. Hurry, only a limited number of spots are available!