- West Burlington Schools are ProficientPosted 13 hours ago
- Drug BustsPosted 22 hours ago
- Twisters Hit Breadbasket; Could be More TodayPosted 1 day ago
- Sabbath Day of Contrasting Emotions in BurlingtonPosted 1 day ago
- UPDATE: Man Shot in Head Saturday Night in BurlingtonPosted 1 day ago
- Community Basket WinnerPosted 2 days ago
Nauvoo Inter Faith Partnership to Host Passion Cantata
Date(s) - 03/24/2013
Category(ies) No Categories
The Nauvoo Inter-Faith Partnership will be hosting the bi-annual Passion Cantata concert at 3 p.m. on Sunday, March 24, 2013 at Sts. Peter & Paul Church located at 190 N. Wells Street in Nauvoo, Illinois.
The Passion Cantata that will be performed is titled “The Seven Last Words of Christ” written by Theodore DeBois and edited by Hal H. Hopson. The performance will feature the Nauvoo Community Choir and Orchestra under the direction of Dennis R. Dowell, ofs. of Ft. Madison, Iowa. Mr. Dowell is a retired teacher from the Nauvoo-Colusa Community School District.
There is no fee for admission; however, a free will offering will be accepted to help support the Nauvoo Inter Faith Partnership in hosting this bi-annual event. All are welcome to attend this inspiring cantata reflecting the beginning on Holy Week.
The Nauvoo Inter Faith Partnership seeks to promote understanding and to demonstrate how people of differing faiths can share their views in a truthful, respectful and informative way, without compromising their own beliefs.
Dennis R. Dowell, ofs., Nauvoo Inter Faith Partnership, 319-470-7212, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Orth, Nauvoo Tourism Office, 217-453-6648, email@example.com