Burlington Camper Fire

Burlington, Ia-  At Approximately 6:30 PM, Saturday The Burlington Fire Department responded to a report of a camper on fire at 1211 Franklin St in Burlington. Firefighters arrived at 6:38 PM to find the 20 ft. camper trailer engulfed in flames. There were two persons occupying the trailer, one male and one female. The female was injured and transported to Great River Medical Center by Burlington Fire Department ambulance. The male occupant, named Mitch Pfeifer, escaped without injury.

The fire was extinguished by the 7 responding Burlington firefighters called to the scene.  The camper was deemed a total loss.  The trailer and its contents were valued at roughly $8,000. The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental due to faulty piping and hardware connections to the gas stove top in the camper supplied by liquid propane. There were no utilities connected to the trailer, and the trailer had no smoke detectors.