Burlington Area United Way to help local charities

Burlington, Ia (The Beacon)-  The Burlington/West Burlington United Way campaign has begun, and the money raised will be donated to 12 local charities.

The Burlington Beacon reports that a 20 member campaign cabinet and over 350 volunteers will work to raise the campaign goal of $430,021.

Funds will be distributed next year with the campaign theme “Supporting. Together. United.”

99 percent of donations made to the local campaign benefit area residents, with the other 1 percent being budgeted for staff training, license fees, and other things that are not available locally.

That money is donated to 12 different local charities caring for needy clients and families in a 40-mile radius.

To donate contact :

Burlington/W. Burlington Area United Way

218 N 3rd St Ste 217

Burlington, IA 52601-5320

Phone: (319) 752-7831