Burlington, Ia- The Burlington Fire Department has released details on a pair of fires that occurred over the past weekend.
At 10:19 PM Saturday, October 10, the Burlington Fire Department responded to a reported house fire at 1428 Cleveland Street.
Burlington police officers arrived first and located flames in the back of the house. Firefighters arrived at 10:23 PM and located the fire in the basement and on the first floor of the home. The fire was quickly extinguished and an investigation determined it to be accidental. The home sustained an estimated $30,000 in damages.
Then, at 4:26 AM Sunday, October 11, the Burlington Fire Department responded to a reported kitchen fire at 1213
1⁄2 Angular Street. Firefighters arrived at 4:31 AM to discover that a grease fire had occurred in the kitchen and had been extinguished by the occupant using the provided fire extinguisher after they were alerted by smoke alarms.
This fire is also considered to be accidental.